Description: Veterans marching on the bridge during the blizzard of 12-5-2016. Video and audio both very garbled. At the beginning of the only relatively discernable section (from about 1:04 to about 2:17), Unicorn Riot videographer narrates: “We are on the bridge right now, live. You ARE in a plastic bag, I apologize, it’s the best I can do at this moment.” Videographer then walks toward a crowd of over 200 water protectors. From 1:55 to 2:10, tribal and national flags can be seen above the crowd and heard snapping as they are whipped fiercely by the blizzard winds.
Categories: Demonstrations & Ceremonies
12 Veterans, in blizzard, pray at 1806 Backwater Bridge
Veterans March on 1806 Bridge
– Unicorn Riot (video length 29:07)
Vets make a stand in the blizzard
– Unicorn Riot (video length 1:05)
Veterans supporting the prayer
– Alison Fast (video length 1:06)
Veteran on a horse addressing the other veterans – Wood or Clark?
– Alison Fast (video length 0:36)
Veterans at bridge; song; and, report on DAPL still intending to drill (Artie, Lakota People’s Law Project)
– Rod Webber (video length 6:23)
The blizzard hit. The veterans were at the front. The water protectors braved the cold. Powerful prayers.
– Wab Kinew (video length 0:36)
About 3000 Veterans walked over to the barricade on Hwy 1806 and peacefully prayed
– Josue Rivas Fotographer (video length 0.14)
Backwater Bridge with Vets in a snowstorm
– Angie Spencer (video length 14:04)
Veterans seek forgiveness
– Fusion (video length 1:43)
Veterans, including Wes Clark Jr., bowed and asked Native elders for forgiveness.
– Salon (video length 1:51)
An incredible moment of healing at Standing Rock: Hundreds of veterans ask Native elders for forgiveness.
– Our Revolution (video length 2:45 – Good footage)
Veterans apologize to indigenous on behalf of U.S. Army at Standing Rock